Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Got Blocked Fallopian Tubes? Endometriosis? Don't Despair ... there are things you can do!!!



When I took my HSG test in 2009, I discovered that one of my fallopian tubes was partially blocked. During the X ray, I could see that the dye in one of my tubes did go through, but it took a little longer than the other side. So I know there was at least some blockage. Luckily it didn't seem blocked to the point where it would cause a huge issue, but yeah... it could have gotten worse if I hadn't taken the right supplements.

I know it must be devastating for women to find out that they have blocked fallopian tubes, and/or endometriosis, but there are things (besides surgery) that you can do that could help... and your doctor probably will NEVER tell you about some of the things that really can help you! 

It REALLY REALLY TICKS ME OFF how doctors and websites like this HUGGIES SITE are perpetuating the idea that there is no cure for endometriosis, and if you have it, you're stuck with it and there's nothing you can do (well... except maybe surgery).  That is TOTALLY NOT TRUE!!!!


Not only can some cases of endometriosis be prevented, but they can also be reversed (to the point where you may be able to get pregnant) by taking Pycnogenol.

I want to bring up some of the things that can cause blocked fallopian tubes.

Here is some interesting info I found on this page:

What is a Blocked Fallopian Tube?
Blocked Fallopian Tube or Fallopian tube obstruction is a major cause of female infertility. Blocked fallopian tubes are unable to let the ovum and the sperm converge, thus making fertilization impossible. Fallopian Tubes are also known as oviducts, uterine tubes, and salpinges (singular salpinx).
What Causes Blocked Fallopian Tubes?
Scar tissue within the fallopian tubes is a major cause of blockage, and this can be triggered by infections, endometriosis, or inflammatory bowel disease, amongst others.

HMMM!!! Endometriosis can cause blocked fallopian tubes?? Why is it that I've never heard of this, OR the fact that eating too many white flour / sugary products can cause endometriosis, which can cause blocked tubes and therefore, infertility?

If you suspect that you have endometriosis OR blocked fallopian tubes, I would highly, highly recommend that you please read THIS POST about Candida... which can CAUSE endometriosis!!


When I was a teenager I used to watch the soap opera "The Young and the Restless." I remember hearing one of the characters, Faren, telling her man, Andy, that she couldn't get pregnant because she had endometriosis. That was the first time I'd ever heard of it, and it sounded like this really scary thing, like it's just something that some people are destined to get, and can't do anything about it. Or, maybe it was a little over dramatic because after all, I was watching a SOAP OPERA.  But, seriously... it is a very real thing that can cause serious problems for people. As I have mentioned in previous posts, both my aunts on my dad's side had it, and one was unable to have kids because of it. My other aunt had kids, but also had serious complications during one of her pregnancies, because of it.

But now that I truly believe that you can get rid of endometriosis on your own (please google: get rid of endometriosis). It will really help to change your diet, eat more healthy food (and by this I mean LOTS of vegetables, fruit and WHOLE grains), and cut way back on sugary foods and processed white flour products. Like bagels. I'm not saying never have a bagel, but if you are eating them regularly, it's time to STOP. They are not healthy. You can find them on several "foods not to eat" lists, like this one.   Of course, I think they'd be ok in moderation, but definitely not as a daily meal if you have endometriosis and are trying to have a baby.

If you suspect that you have endometriosis, I would highly recommend you take Pycnogenol. Studies show that it can really help clear it up. YES, it's been PROVEN TO WORK. Again... you can read more on my post about pycnogenol, and how it helps women with endometriosis, here.

I would also HIGHLY recommend THIS BRAND of pycnogenol, which is less expensive than the Costco and also the Puritan's Pride brands which I previously recommended! (I just found this out). This is by far THE cheapest place I have seen, to get it, and overall, the reviews make it sound like it's pretty good.

I would also highly recommend you check out a supplement called Serrapeptase. Serrapeptase is an enzyme that dissolves scar tissue and has other health benefits. Please do your own research to see if it is safe for you to take it. If I thought my tubes were still blocked, I'd definitely take it.

I just read this review for this brand of Serrapeptase online:

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased this product because I was informed I have 2 ...September 4, 2014
By 
Verified Purchase 
This review is from: Doctor's Best High Potency Serrapeptase (120,000 Units), 90-Count (Health and Beauty)
Purchased this product because I was informed I have 2 blocked fallopian tubes
The first 3 days of taking this product a huge mucus plug came out! I looked onl
ine to see blocked tubes look like with scar tissue and mucus and the mucus plug I passed look exactly like the gross pictures of tubes filled with gunk. Thank god this product worked so fast I will continue to take it and do a follow up HSG in 4 months. If I get a BFP I will return for sure either way I will update in 3 month.


Wow... I had never heard of that whole "mucus plug" thing.

So I googled it, and found some info on this page.... and this statement:

If the fallopian tube is in fact blocked, it is often blocked by a mucous plug

You can read more about the mucus plug (and the reason we have them) HERE.

I have copied the following info below, from THIS SITE.

Laparoscopy for Proximal Tubal Occlusion (PTO)
   
Fig. 12Fig. 13Fig. 14Fig. 15

Sometimes the tube is blocked at its narrowest part, at the point where it is closest to the uterus (fig. 12). This is called Proximal Tubal Occlusion or PTO. This blockage is most often caused by spasm of the tube, thin scar tissue or a mucus “plug”. The end of the tube is entirely normal and reopening the tube can be successfully accomplished with simultaneous hysteroscopic and laparoscopic surgery.

"OR SERRAPEPTASE." (note from me...just my opinion) 
First, a fiberoptic hysteroscope is gently inserted through the cervix and advanced into the uterus. A camera attached to the hysteroscope will project a magnified view of the uterine cavity and the opening of the tubes on a video monitor. A thin soft catheter is guided to the tubal opening (fig. 13) and advanced into the tube, clearing away the mucus plug.
Blue dye is injected into the tube (fig. 14)
The laparoscope, allows the surgeon to see the other side of the tube (the one closer to the ovary) and make sure that the dye injected into the tube (fig. 14) exits from the end of the tube (fig. 15), confirming that the tube is now open

Laparoscopic scar tissue resection
Scar tissue or adhesions occur most frequently after pelvic infection, previous surgery or endometriosis. Adhesions may cause pain and/or infertility when they involve the ovaries or the fallopian tubes. Bowel obstruction can occur when the adhesions involve the intestines.
Fig. 16Fig. 17Fig. 18

When mild scar tissue (fig.16) involves the end of the tube (closer to the ovary), surgery is often successful. The delicate part of the tube responsible for transporting the egg into the tube can be nicely restored (fig. 17). When severe scar tissue involves the tubes and ovaries (fig. 18), surgery is unlikely to be successful, and IVF should be considered instead.
During laparoscopic surgery, absorbable adhesion barriers are often utilized to cover the surgical area and to minimize the risk of recurrence of scar tissue. It is important that your doctor is an expert in laparoscopic fertility techniques, handling the tissues delicately to avoid further damage and scar tissue formation.
----------------------------------------------------------
In my opinion, it's better to try alternative treatments like herbs first, if you are able to and they are safe for you, and if that doesn't work... maybe do surgery.  But I would only want to do surgery as a last resort.

Next topic...

I have never tried herbal tampons, but I would totally use them if I felt that my fallopian tubes were any more blocked than they already are. I trust this company that makes them, because they also make Fertil Plus, which I believe was one of the key reasons I got pregnant in just about a month! You can find their herbal tampons by clicking here

If you do enough research, you will see that there are a lot of women online who say their tubes were once blocked, but they were able to unblock them, either with herbal remedies (herbs taken orally or used with a herbal tampon), surgery, or a combination of both. But I truly do believe it is possible for most women to unblock their tubes with herbs, exercise, and of course, eating healthy and taking care of yourself! (those other things are really important!!!)

I may be adding more to this post later but this is what I've got for now.

EB


No comments: